Overeaters Anonymous is a Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively.
There are no dues or fees for members; we are self-supporting through our own contributions, neither soliciting nor accepting outside donations. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology or religious doctrine; we take no position on outside issues.
Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive overeating and to carry this message of recovery to those who still suffer.
What is Brandywine Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous?
Brandywine Intergroup is a voluntary service board of local OA members who work together to achieve recovery from compulsive eating. Having found a solution, we desire to carry the 12 Step message to those who still suffer. At Intergroup meetings and through the work of committees between meeting, members support and encourage each other and provide help to area groups.
WHO MAY ATTEND INTERGROUP MEETINGS?
Any person who wants to stop eating compulsively is a member of OA. Any member of OA is welcome at Intergroup meetings as a guest. Guests are encouraged to share their ideas and opinions but are not permitted to vote. Voting members include: one Representative from each meeting, the Intergroup Officers, Committee Chairs, Region 7 Representatives and World Service Business Conference Delegates
WHAT DOES INTERGROUP DO TO HELP COMPULSIVE EATERS?
• Intergroup sponsors area-wide events: IDEA DAY, UNITY DAY, workshops, and retreats.
• Intergroup displays at health fairs, publicizes meetings in newspapers, sends public service announcements (PSAs) to local radio and TV stations
• Intergroup educates professionals in the health and weight loss fields
• Intergroup maintains a website.
• Intergroup publishes a newsletter.
• Intergroup manages and distributes the list of local meetings and speakers list.
• Intergroup schedules socials on the 12th of every month
• Intergroup has OA literature on sale at meetings, saving the group meetings shipping costs.
• Intergroup communicates with all interested members through email Blasts.
• Intergroup provides a telephone answering service and mail box address.
• Intergroup sends representatives to OA Region and delegates to OA World Service Business Conference to participate in group conscience discussions beyond the local area.
DO COMMITTEE MEMBERS HAVE TO COME TO INTERGROUP? You do not need to come to Intergroup meetings to work on a committee. Most of the work of the committees is accomplished between Intergroup Meetings in local areas. We welcome you to join with us on our committees as your time and interest allows. Service has brought many of us into recovery and maintains us there, one day at a time.
Our Committees are:
PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE directs public service announcements to TV/ Cable stations, newspapers, radio and other media, handles media requests, shares the message through billboards, health fairs, libraries, schools, colleges, posters, and public speakers list.
PROFESSIONAL OUTREACH COMMITTEE provides information to professionals in medical and associated fields (i.e. hospitals, doctors, nurses, nutritionists, clergy, psychologists, social workers, body work specialists, weight loss clinics, and rehabs rehabs, massage therapists, yoga studios and others).
TSW-TWELTH STEP WITHIN COMMITTEE plans, publicizes and enjoys 12th day celebrations and organizes and maintains the temporary sponsorship list.
EVENTS COMMITTEE with the help of the groups, organizes and coordinates workshops, one day or weekend retreats, IDEA Day and UNITY Day, marathons, share days and other events on abstinence, steps, tools, traditions, and concepts.
COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE: WEBSITE COMMITTEE maintains and improves our website: www.brandywineintergroup.org
RECOVERY NEWSLETTER gathers, edits, writes and publishes our monthly newsletter.
BLAST email communications provides timely reminders and announcements about all things OA.
FUND RAISING COMMITTEE works on creative fund raising projects that carry the message of recovery.
GROUP SERVICES has OA approved literature for sale to individual and groups. New Meeting helpers provide assistance to individuals wanting to start a new OA group meeting. To join us on a committee as we strengthen our own recovery by reaching out to those still suffering from our disease, leave a message at the OA telephone answering service 610-565-9695 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brandywine Intergroup welcomes your participation, feedback and questions.
• You can reach an OA volunteer (or leave a message) at 610-565-9695.
• You can join our email distribution list by clicking here.
NOTE: The Brandywine Intergroup meetings now are held on the second SATURDAY of the month from 10:00 to 11:30am via Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 994 0948 2409